Monday, November 8, 2010

A New Week

It's the beginning of a new week and hopefully an end to the rut I've been in. Spent the day yesterday cleaning the house in the hopes of creating a clean slate =) I did get 4 listings done for ebay and have quite a bit of interest in what I have listed, so that's encouraging. Also, this is a big thing for me right now.... I got a sewing machine running that had me stymied for a long time! Here's a pic...
It had been running sluggishly and I'd tried everything I could think of to fix it. I thought it might be the motor brushes worn out or the belt too tight, but it turned out that there was one little spot that needed a drink of TriFlow! Whew. Very rewarding when persistence pays off! I'll be doing the test stitch samples this week and getting her listed soon. This has turned out to be a very smooth running machine that someone will enjoy.

Here is a pic of the machine I've been using to make the quilt top pictured in the previous post.
I just love this machine! It's all metal and sews perfect stitches. It has lots of built-in decorative stitches and a wind in place bobbin - that is such a handy feature! It's a Singer 600, absolutely wonderful machine. If you ever find one, get it! They don't make them like this anymore.
Here's a picture of the quilt top again in case you missed the previous post.
Still have to add the borders and do the quilting and binding. This has turned out to be a fun project and I'm thinking about doing a couple of baby quilts in this pattern. Fun stuff!!
Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment